PRESCOTT, AZ, December 13, 2023 - It is with a mix of sadness and gratitude that the Board of Directors of Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters announces Erin Mabery’s departure as Executive Director, effective March 8, 2024.
Serving as the agency’s leader since 2019, Erin started her tenure at YBBBS as the Operations Director in 2018.
The board would like to thank her for the six years of dedicated service which involved many significant accomplishments, including:
• Expanding the agency’s program from age 18 to young adults to age 24
• Launching the Workforce Development Program
• Creating the annual Mentoring Symposium
• Creating the Darla DeVille Luau Fund to ensure Matches can connect at this new annual event
• Streamlining and modernizing all operational processes
• Paving the way for the development of the Big App, a countywide resource
• Forging new partnerships with local nonprofits, educational and government entities, and businesses to support the Big Brothers’ mentoring mission
“It’s been an honor and a privilege to work with Erin for the past 5 years, first as a Board member and now as the Board Chair,” shared Wendy Ross, YBBBS board chairperson. “Her passion and dedication to the Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters organization is beyond compare and we are extremely grateful for the program improvements and enhancements she helped implement, which our youth will benefit from for years to come.”
Please join the board in thanking Erin for her service to YBBBS and her commitment to the youth of Yavapai County.
The Board of Directors will soon begin a search for the next Executive Director and will work closely with Erin and the staff to ensure a smooth transition.
If you have any questions or concerns during this transition process, please do not hesitate to reach out to Robin Layton, YBBBS Communications and Marketing Director, at [email protected] or 928.255.8638.