Who we are
‘The Women of Influence’
“It’s all about our children. The impact must be Big, Bold, Fierce and Powerful.”
Mission: To be the positive catalyst for change in the lives of the children of Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters by garnering support for the agency through community engagement and collaboration with other local organizations.
How do we get it done?
- Tapping into the most POWERFUL voice in Philanthropy:
- Mobilize the power of our community’s women to match the children “looking in the window” of Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters, waiting for their very own Big Brother or Big Sister.
- Connect us to potential Big Sisters and Big Brothers in our community.
Will You Join Me?
Dr. Billie Orr
Woman of Distinction
Women of Influence for the Next Generations
Tina Newman, Chair
Sara Jane Nelson
Cody Anne Yarnes
Women in Philanthropy are Unstoppable!
• Women are the fastest growing segment of the U.S. economy
• Women are starting businesses at 2 times the rate of men and women of color, 6 times the rate of men
• Women control 83% of all checkbooks in America
• Women are responsible for purchasing 85% to 95% of all goods and services sold in the U.S. This amounts to over $7 trillion!
• Women control 51% of the Stock Exchange
• Women control 60% of the nation’s wealth ($14 trillion)
• 60% of all graduates in higher education are women
• $130 trillion will transfer from one generation to the next over the next decade. Women will inherit this wealth as they live 4.8 years longer than men
• The reason women have not given? NO ONE ASKED!
• Women are transforming charitable giving globally